7 days 6 nights Northern Sarawak Birding Package ~ Klias+Paya Maga+Bakalalan
Kuching to Miri (No meal)
Take evening flight from Kuala Lumpur or Kuching to Miri then transfer to Airport Transit Hotel for overnight stay.
Miri – Bakalalan (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Transfer to Miri Airport after breakfast, take domestic flight to Bakalalan. Upon arrival check in to Bakalalan Homestay. After lunch proceed to nearby forest for birding and aim to spot endemic species like Whitehead’s Spiderhunter, Whitehead’s Broadbill, Fruithunter, Mountain Serpant Eagle, Black-throated Wren-babbler, Bornean Stubtail, Bornean Spiderhunter, Bornean Barbet, Mountain Barbet, Golden-naped Barbet, Bare-headed Laughingthrush, Chestnut-hooded Laughingthrush, Bornean Whistler & etc. Meanwhile, aim to spot some attractive resident birds like Rufous-tailed Jungle Flycatcher, Orange-breasted Trogon, Dark Hawk Cuckoo, Common Green Magpie & etc. Dinner is provided. After dinner transfer to nearby forest for Dulit Frogmouth.
Bakalalan (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast full day birding around the village and aim to spots more endemic and resident birds. Lunch and dinner is provided. After dinner overnight stay at Bakalalan Homestay.
Bakalalan to Paya Maga (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast overland 3 hours to Paya Maga Highlands ~ The highland is covered with secondary forest species occur along the logging road with abundance of Macaranga, Encompasses the stretch of logging road from where the road begins past Gunung Do’a (850 m) to the base of the Paya Maga Camp Site (950 m). Habitat along the road consists of mixed dipterocarp and lower montane forest. Occasional patches of undisturbed forest remain particularly on the steep gradients montane heath forest. Upon arrival walk about 5km and birding along the old logging road and aim to spot endemic species like Bulwer’s Pheasant, Black Oriole, Bornean Banded Pitta, Blue-banded Pitta, Hose’s Broadbill and etc.. Lunch & dinner is provided, after dinner proceed for night walk and aim to spot Bornean Frogmouth. Overnight at Paya Maga wooden house.
Paya Maga (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast continue for birding and aim to spot more endemic species like Bornean Leafbird, Bornean Bulbul, Pygmy Ibon, Bornean Banded Kingfisher, Bornean Treepie, Chestnut-crested Yuhina and etc. Meanwhile aim to spot some attractive resident bird like Rail Babbler, Collared Owlet, Hill Blue Flycatcher, Jambu Fruit Dove, Helmeted Hornbill, White-necked Babbler, Crested Jay, Eyebrowed Wren-babbler, Termminck’s Babbler, Scaly-breasted Bulbul, Finsch’s Bulbul, Olive-backed Woodpecker, Rufous-collared Kingfisher, Diard’s Trogon, Red-bearded Bee-eater & etc. Lunch and dinner is provided and overnight at Paya Maga Wooden House.
Paya Maga – Beaufort (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast, continue birding till noon then trekking back to the drop off point and overland 3-4 hours by 4WD to Beaufort.
Beaufort – Klias – Kota Kinabalu (Breakfast / Lunch)
Morning proceed to Klias Wetland for Hook-billed Bulbul, Grey-breasted Babbler, Scarlet-breasted Flowerpecker, Red-crown Barbet, Chestnut-bellied Malkoha and etc. Lunch en route, after lunch overland to Kota Kinabalu Airport for your flight to next destination.
~~~~~ Tour End ~~~~~
Package Rate :
|No of pax||02 persons (Twin share)|
|Rate||USD2,450.00 per person|
- 01 night accommodation at Miri Airport Transit Hotel.
- 02 nights accommodation at Bakalalan Homestay.
- 02 nights accommodation at Paya Maga Wooden House. (Mosquitoes net, mattress & sleeping bag are provided).
- 01 night accommodation at Beaufort.
- 07 days 06 nights birding at Bakalalan, Paya Maga & Klias with night walk & entrance fee.
- All meals & land transfer as stated as in the itinerary.
- Porters for carrying food, drinking water & camping set.
- Experience English Speaking bird guide.
- One way domestic air-ticket (Miri to Bakalalan)
- International , Airport tax, meals not stated, travel insurance, personal miscellaneous expenses.
THINGS TO BRING YOURSELVES ~ Rubber boots for muddy trails.
- Camera, Binoculars, Head lamp/Torchlight. (LED)
- Toiletries, bath towel / sarong, toilet paper, windbreaker , raincoat, flat shoes with good gripping-soles & a pair of slippers.
- At least one day’s drinking water for yourself on the first day of hike.
- Sun protection (appropriate clothing, hat, sunscreen) for the logging road. (open exposed under sun), basic First Aids and personal medication.
- Air pillow for more comfortable sleep
- Energy snacks to nibble along the way between meals
- Insect repellent
- waterproof your backpack and travel documents / electronics
- Travel documents – please bring a copy of your e-ticket (in case the system is down) and your identity card / passport (for check in at the airport)
Remark: Rate only valid until 31st December 2021.
- Quotations subject to change without prior notice if the group sizes are reduce.
- Sequence of the tour is subject to change.
- The above rate subject to change without prior notice.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.
- Borneo Birding Tours Sdn Bhd (246236-A)
- Licence No. KPL/LN 2514
- Lot 1020 Sublot 1, 1st floor, Block 46, KCLD,
- Penrissen Road, 7th Mile Bazaar,
- 93250 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Tel: +60198876860
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.borneobirdingtours.com