6 DAYS 5 NIGHTS BIRDING IN NIAH + BA’ KELALAN
Day 1 Kuching – Miri Morning flight
Pick up from Kuching city and transfer to Kuching International Airport for departure flight to Miri. Upon arrival Miri Airport, meet and greet by our friendly representative and depart to Niah National Park (2.5 hours journey). The Niah cave is famous for its edible birds nest found high-up in the cave about 300 feet from the ground. Upon arrival Park headquarters, register and check in. Lunch at park canteen. Afternoon, have a brief study of the park information at the information center. Next, take a short boat to cross the river to visit Niah Museum. After visit, proceed on plank walk for 3km to the caves main entrance, it takes about 45 minutes. Dinner at park canteen.
Day 2 Niah National Park
Breakfast at park canteen and continue birding in Niah National Park till afternoon. Lunch at park canteen. Afternoon, continue birding in Niah National Park till evening. Dinner at park canteen.
Day 3 Niah National Park – Miri
Breakfast at park canteen and continue birding in Niah National Park till afternoon. Lunch at park canteen. Afternoon, check out and transfer to Miri local hotel for check in. Dinner at local restaurant.
Day 4 Miri – Ba’ Kelalan
MH 3540 0835hrs – 1010hrs (only available Mon, Wed & Sat) Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, check out and transfer to Miri Airport for departure flight to Ba’ Kelalan (MH 3540 0835hrs – 1010hrs). Upon arrival, meet and great by your host family. Make yourself at home with your new family. Lunch at homestay. After lunch, proceed trek for Ba’ Kelalan village if weather permits. Trek down leisurely and strolling along the river and back to the homestay for dinner. Night walk in Ba’ Kelalan.
Day 5 Ba’ Kelalan
Breakfast at homestay.
Morning proceed for birding in Ba’ Kelalan.
Lunch at homestay.
Afternoon proceed for birding in Ba’ Kelalan.
Dinner at homestay.
Night walk in Ba’ Kelalan.
Day 6 Ba’ Kelalan – Miri
Kuching MH 3541 1035hrs – 1210hrs (only available Mon, Wed & Sat) Breakfast at homestay, check out and transfer to airport for your departure flight to Miri (MH 3541 1035hrs – 1210hrs). Connect evening flight back to Kuching.
Bird List in Niah National Park (reference from Hendry Michael)
Eurasian Tree Sparrow, Buff Vented Bulbul, Yellow Vented Bulbul, Orange Bellied Flowerpecker, Yellow Rumped Flowerpecker, Sunbird, Greater Green Leafbird, Raffles Malkoha, Chestnut Malkoha, Mossy Nest Swiftlet, Pacific Swallow, Hooded Pitta, Blue Throated Bee Eater, Black Naped Monarch, Red Throated Barbet, Hairy Backed Bulbul, Red Eyed Bulbul, Black Throated Babbler, Fluffy Backed Tit Babbler, Scarlet Rumped Trogon, Red Naped Trogon, Common Green Iora,Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Rufous Woodpecker, Black Hornbill, Hill Myna, Intermediate Egret and etc.
Bird List in Ba’ Kelalan (reference from Julianna Sim)
Dulit Frogmouth, Little Egret, White-breasted Waterhen, Common Sandpiper, Spotted Dove, Crimson-Winged Woodpecker, Ashy Drongo, Yellow Vented Bulbul, Orange Bellied Flowerpecker, Dusky Munia, Bornean Frogmouth, Scarlet Minivet, Chestnut Hooded Laughingthrush, Pygmy WhiteEye, Black Naped Monarch, Verditer Flycatcher, Bornean Leafbird, Whitehead’s Broadbill, Greater Green Leafbird, Red-Bearded Bee Eater, Whitehead’s Spiderhunter and etc.
NOTE: The above bird list is for reference only, wildlife sightings is no guarantee for sighting, although each trip is designed around known habitats. The guides will do their best to ensure sighting, but cannot be held responsible if there is no success, because of weather circumstances, the wildlife itself or any other element beyond our control.
Package rate : RM 11620.00 per person (Single Traveller) / RM 6585.00 per person (Twin Sharing – 2 Adults and above)
Price quoted includes:
- Return airfare (Kuching to Miri, Miri to Ba’ Kelalan, Ba’ Kelalan to Miri & Miri to Kuching).
- 02 nights accommodation at Niah National Park (Forest Lodge Type 4, 4 single beds each room, air conditioning & ceiling fans, living room, refrigerator and private bathroom).
- 01 night accommodation at Miri local hotel.
- 02 nights accommodation at Ba’ Kelalan homestay (very basic facilities, fan cooled, shared bathroom, no electricity, normal blankets only).
- All national parks entrance fee.
- Meals (01 breakfast & 1 dinner at local restaurant, 2 breakfast & 3 lunch & 2 dinner at park canteen, 2 breakfast & 2 lunch & 2 dinner at Ba’ Kelalan homestay). Lunch or Dinner might be served in set / packed by park canteen.
- Experienced English / Mandarin Speaking Bird guide.
Price quoted excludes:
- Travel Insurance
- Any other incidentals like medical fees and ground insurance.
- Min 2 Person to go.
- All Rate Quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) per person basis.
- The above rate subject to change without prior notice.
- For Muslim / Vegetarian, please notice in advance.
- Items to prepare: Birding equipment, torch light, insect repellent, sunblock lotion, rain coat (small umbrella), hat, swim wear, own drinking bottle, rain-proof/wind-proof Jacket & trousers and personal medicine.
- Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his/her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travellers.
- Flight to Ba’ Kelalan only available every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and it is depends on the weather for flight. Flight schedule might be cancel and no refundable if it is bad weather.
- Sequence of the tour subject to change to ensure smooth running of tour programme.